Sign up for Summer Sailstice and be in the running for one of 3 x one-year subscriptions to Ontario Sailor Magazine.
Ontario Sailor Magazine is a full-colour, glossy magazine which focuses on both racing and cruising, and covers the Great Lakes region in both Canada and the USA. Dinghy sailing and large, fixed-keel sailboats are regularly featured in the magazine, along with regular columns, feature articles, regatta news, and events and happenings at yacht clubs and marinas in the Great Lakes region.
The magazine's regular crew is a family of sailors who engage in a variety sailing styles. "Some of us cruise, while some of us race. A few of us – the hardier souls among us -- even live full-time on their yachts, both summer and winter." The magazine was first published in June 1998 and produces seven issues produced annually covering the following dates and editorial themes:
- January/February : Toronto International Boat Show issue
- March: Spring – marine equipment, hardware
- April: Spring – marine equipment, rigging, bottom paint
- May: Launch – sails, boat tuning, engine/motor, repairs
- June/July: Summer – In-water Boat Show Season
- August/September: Summer – In-water Boat Show Season, holidays/vacation
- Fall: Pre-Haulout – repairs, winterizing, marine equipment, sails
If you can't wait to see if you win a subscription, Subscribe to Ontario Sailor Magazine now, and keep up to date with the latest Great Lakes' sailing news and action!