Go Sailing App Connects 20,000 Sailors!
Share this page
American Sailing Association's (ASA) networking app, Go Sailing, has now been been downloaded by 20,000 people who use the network to share and experience sailing.
To celebrate this milestone, Go Sailing has released several new features which will make the free app even more useful!
You can download it to find a boat to sail on for Summer Sailstice, or to get more crew for your own event. Check out the details in this news release..
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“Go Sailing” Social Networking App Doubles Users to 20,000 in One Year
Adds New Features to Celebrate Milestone
LOS ANGELES – May 21, 2018 – Go Sailing, an innovative social networking app which connects people interested in sharing the experience of sailing, announced today that it has reached 20,000 users. Created for skippers needing crew and sailors wanting to sail, downloads of the sailing-specific app increased by 10,000 since May 2017, four months after it was released nationally for both iOS and Android in early January 2017.
“20,000 users is a significant milestone for us since we’ve taken what was a success in a local market—the San Francisco Bay Area—and are well on our way to making it the go-to app for the recreational sailing community,” said Charlie Nobles, executive director of the American Sailing Association. “The Go Sailing app makes it easy for everyone, from experienced sailors to those with little or no boating experience, to get out on a sailboat. We believe it could be a game changer in the sailing industry.”
Go Sailing is a free, location-based social networking app that makes sailing accessible to everyone from novices to salty dogs, and helps private skippers, yacht clubs, sailing clubs, sailing schools and others easily find crew. Requiring no purchases or membership fees, and making it easier for those who enjoy sailing to be active, Go Sailing also promotes a healthy lifestyle.
Go Sailing is a gift to the sailing world from the American Sailing Association (ASA), America’s sail education authority, and includes many useful features, such as:
· A map that helps sailors easily discover trips, crew or sailing events both nearby or in another geographic location nationwide;
· Whether it’s a sailing seminar or a dock party, sailors can find sailing-related social events in their local community or in a geographic region they are visiting;
· The ability to send private messages, allowing sailors to easily connect with their friends, or introduce themselves to skippers or other sailors;
· Post a sailing trip in order to find crew and make new friends;
· Discover sailing trips / events nationwide and join as crew;
· Learn to sail by taking an introductory Go Sailing experience;
· Communicate with crews, skippers and friends;
· Keep track of trips, certifications and more.
To mark the occasion of reaching 20,000 users, Go Sailing has made several updates to the app. Version 4.0 includes:
· A social login feature lets users create an account, or log into an existing account, by using their Google or Facebook credentials (the traditional method of logging in is still available for those who prefer the email/password combination).
· A new home location feature makes it even easier to discover new events where users live. When they set their home location, users will no longer need to open the app to find new sailing opportunities in their area. Instead, they will receive instant notifications, in addition to periodic emails.
About Go Sailing
Go Sailing is a free mobile app presented to the worldwide sailing community by the American Sailing Association as a public service. Developed to make the sport accessible to everyone, Go Sailing removes the barrier to entering the magical world of sailing. Since its inception, Go Sailing quickly developed a large community of users in California, and now aims to connect the millions of sailors around the world looking to do more sailing with skippers everywhere looking for crew, as well as to new friends and sailing-related social events. For more information, visit www.gosailingapp.com.
About the American Sailing Association
The American Sailing Association (ASA) has been the leader in U.S. sailing education for 35 years. The Association has grown to include an international network of more than 350 professionally accredited sailing schools. More than one million certifications have been awarded to over 507,000 people who have been introduced to sailing through ASA schools, clubs and programs since 1983. For more information, visit www.asa.com.
Sign up, add your plan or event, then use Go Sailing to connect with sailors everywhere!