Use the copy and art below to easily invite your owners and fleet members to sail in Summer Sailstice.
Summer Sailstice was created to help your fleet and all sailors connect on the water on the summer solstice, the longest sailing day of the year. From Hobie Cat to Thistle to J/24 to Westsail 32, thousands of unique classes of boats are enjoyed in all corners of the world. Together we bring sailing to life!
Creating an event is easy! We have an event theme and template to make it easier to connect your worldwide owners with each other and sailors around the world. There are designed posters, invitations and press releases to make it simple for you to start your own event, to invite your membership and join in this global sailing celebration.
- Step 1 – Partner program - outline of actions to grow your event
- Step 2 – Save-the-date - SEND NOW: use this copy to let your members know now to save the date for next summer
- Step 3 – Invitation to your owners/fleet members - adapt this copy when you want to send specific event invitation
- Step 3 – Press Release for the local media - send to publicize sailing and your event.
- Step 4 – Printable Poster, or Printable poster with blank space for your local event details.
- Step 5 – Link button for your website
- Step 6 - Utilize digital or print art to publicize or these 1/4 page & 1/2 page ads for your newsletter
- Step 7 - Bulk Order Discount form for Summer Sailstice T-shirt, hat and burgees
By sharing the same date and theme we can all promote sailing together while focusing on our own fleet right after school's out and the summer sailing season begins!
400 Prizes! People signing up for your event are automatically entered to win prizes offered by sailing companies. It's an added incentive created to help the success of your class event.
The annual Summer Sailstice event creates a new, collaborative sailing opportunity for fleets and classes to introduce the benefits of their Class or Associaton to new members while reenergizing less active members. This will help connect widely dispersed owners with active fleets and individuals as they participate both locally and globally in a virtual class ‘rally’.
A Summer Sailstice event organized by your Boat Class or Association can:
- Create an inclusive event which brings all fleet members together to celebrate the reason they joined your Class or Association (sailing our your type of boat or in your style of sailing (singlehanded, multihull etc.)
- Serve as the perfect platform for launching an open house for potential new members which introduces them to your facilities, benefits and existing Class and Association members
- Provide expanded awareness and publicity to your Class or Association via promotion of your event on the Summer Sailstice website
- Create an opportunity for sister fleets across the country or around the globe to celebrate ‘together’ (e.g. connect the Lake Michigan Hunter Owners Association with the Hunter Sailing Association of Oregon)
- Serve as the “event hook” for the launch of a new class, charter program or for a program fund raiser
And by encouraging your fleet members to sign up on the Summer Sailstice website, you automatically give them a chance to win over 400 prizes for participating in this fun, global celebration. They will love winning and together we can later publish who won what!
Go Ahead: Add your event now.
Find out more about planning this year’s Summer Sailstice Event for your Boat Class or Association: