Find a ride even if you don't have a sailboat!
Cruzin - www.cruzin.com
A new site offering peer-to-peer boat rentals. One more way to get on the water. Have a look!
Kroocial - www.Kroocial.com
Yes, there's an App for that: www.Kroocial.com
Just-launched in April 2013, this App looks like a great tool for the mobile device world to connect sailors with sailboats. If you try it out let us know how it works. Summer Sailstice wants to connect people for a global celebration of sailing and, if this helps, it's another step in the right direction.
Local Crew Lists
Use these local crew lists to help you find crew or join a crew sailing for Summer Sailstice:
- California: www.latitude38.com or www.sailSFBay.org
- Mid-Atlantic: www.spinsheet.com
- Long Island Sound: www.windchecklis.com
- Florida/Gulf Coast: www.southwindssailing.com
- Northeast: http://www.pointseast.com/crewmatch.shtml
- Portland, OR: http://www.sailpdx.org/resources/crew-lists/local-crew-lists/
More Public Access Sailing Opportunities:
Want to find another way onto the water? How about a commmercial sailing school or a community sailing program. Here are more sites that can likely find one in your area:
- Meetup Groups
There are over 200 sailing 'Meet-Ups' 139 cities in 9 countries. Very likely one near you!
- US Sailing - a convenient 'Where to Sail' tool to find access to sailing near you.
US Sailing has lots of sailing resources for sailing schools, community programs and junior sailing programs.
- American Sailing Association
ASA provides accesss to commercial sailing schools and charter programs all over the country.
- RegattaDates offers Crew Listing for individual events only some of which fall on Summer Sailstice!